What's a good New Year's Resolution? How do you prepare for it? How can you make sure you keep it? In this week's Life & Health segment, Dr. Scott Andrews of Penn State Hershey Medical Group stops in to give you some pointers to make this New Year's Resolution the best yet!
How do you prepare?
- Make a decision about what you want to change, not what you think you should change.
- Pick a firm start date.
- Tell everyone you know about the new routine you are forming.
What are some ways to be successful?
- Set realistic goals.
- Use phone apps! (Lose it and fooducate for instance.)
- Anticipate roadblocks and come up with a strategy to overcome them.
- Make the whole process fun!
Dr. Andrews also goes over three common health-related resolutions, including losing weight, exercising more and quitting smoking, and how these changes can have other positive effects in your life (reduces risk of diabetes, heart disease and obesity).