Southern Style Green Bean Casserole
Prep Time: 40 minutes
2 171/2 oz. cans Green Beans
8 oz Sliced Mushrooms
2 cups Milk
2 Tbsp Melted Butter
1/4 cup Flour
1/4 tsp Onion Powder
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 cup Bread Crumbs
1/2 cup Slivered Almonds
1 Tbsp Melted Butter
1. Mix all of the topping ingredients in a small bowl.
2. In a 2-quart sauce pan, combine the milk, mushrooms, onion powder, and salt & pepper and let simmer on medium-low.
3. While that is simmering, combine the melted butter and the flour to create a roux.
4. Add the roux to the mushroom mixture and stir until thick.
5. Place the green beans in a casserole dish and evenly ladle the thickened mushroom mixture over the beans. Sprinkle with the almond topping. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.