Camille Brown - Aesthetician and Reconstructive & Cosmetic Surgery for the Mount Nittany Physician Group, shows us how to to get rid of drying, cracking, and flacking skin.
The focus of the treatment is on softening the accumulated dry skin cells and strengthen the base of the skin.
Here's how it's done:
- The skin is first cleaned gently to remove dead skin cells and debris, or any bacteria from the skin. A toner is applied.
- The skin is pat dried and analyzed under a magnifying lamp. Here the aesthetician looks for issues of the skin. With eczema, the cracks are sealed with an occlusive.
- Next the application of topicals which strengthen and prepare the skin's natural barriers.
- After the proper topicals have been applied, a Retinol cream is applied. If skin is overly irritated this step may be omitted.
- Moisturizer is applied to nourish, soothe and hydrate
- SPF -last step to protect from harmful UVA/UVB rays.
- Balm containing hydrocortisone could be applied for very irritated skin. The idea is to keep the skin "cool."
- Return for treatment usually in 1 month.