Looking for a great recipe for the Big Game this weekend? Look no further than Brian Nevel's Bacon Cinnamon Bun Cheesecake! Brian, and his assistant Bill stopped by the studio to share their winning recipe. Make it for yourself...you won't regret it!
1 3/4 Cup Crushed Nilla Wafers
1/3 Cup Margarine Melted
3/4 cup Sugar
2 - 8oz packages Cream Cheese, softened
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup sour cream
Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls 5 Pack
1/4 lb maple smoked bacon
1/2 cup Maple syrup
1. Follow instructions for baking Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls 5 Pack - remove at about 80% finish time - You want the rolls to still be doughy inside.
2. Set oven to 350F.
3. In large mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time followed by sour cream then set aside once evenly blended.
4. In separate bowl, combine crushed Nilla Wafers and melted margarine. Lightly spray cooking oil in inside of spring form pan and press mixture into bottom.
5. Dice partially cooked Grands into 3/4" cubes and fold into Cheesecake filling. Spread into prepared spring form pan.
6. Put spring form pan inside larger pan and submerge in hot tap water at least 3/4 of sides. This will prevent leaks and cook evenly. Cook at 350F for one hour or until cake tester removes clean. Remove from oven and water pan to cool 1 hour then chill 4 hours.
7. Cook and crumble maple smoked bacon. Top dessert with Maple syrup and bacon crumbles.