16 Rhodes Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cool
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Using your hand, flatten one roll for the turkey's body and place on baking sheet. Cut a narrow piece, about 1/4-inch of the remaining roll, to be used as a head and neck. Roll it into a rope shape and place on left side of body to form a slight curve. Cut head piece on an angle and pull down against neck to form a wattle. Flatten the rest of the remaining roll into a half circle. Place on right side of body, opposite head and neck. Cut 7 long slits to form feathers.
3. Brush with egg and place 8 sliced almonds flat side down in between slits on each turkey roll. Place one sliced almond into the head for a beak for each turkey roll, and cut one almond in a circular shape and place on head for an eye on each turkey roll.
4. Chop the remaining almonds very find and place on body of each turkey roll. Let rise for 20 to 30 minutes.
5. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown.
Recipe courtesy of Rhodes Bake-N-Serv