Cooking Time:40 min
What You'll Need:
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 1/2 cups instant potato flakes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream
- 1 to 2 scallions, thinly sliced
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a saucepan, bring water, butter, salt, and pepper to a boil over high heat. Remove saucepan from heat and gently stir in potato flakes, onion and bacon bits until well combined.
- Spoon potato mixture into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese then pour cream over top. Sprinkle with scallions.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until heated through and edges are golden.
- For those of you who are skeptical about using potato flakes, trust us on this one...you won't be disappointed.
- And feel free to substitute shredded Cheddar cheese instead of the Swiss or your favorite variety.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Casseroles/Bacon-and-Cheese-Potato-Casserole#BcvVAMgkyFPsUcBH.99