* 4 beef cubed steaks (1 to 1-1/4 pounds total), pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
* 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
* 1 cup flour
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
* 3/4 cup buttermilk
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* 1 1/4 cups milk
* 1/4 cup chicken broth
1. In a large resealable bag, marinate the cube steaks in the Worcestershire sauce for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
2. Place flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish. Pour buttermilk into another shallow dish.
3. Dip steaks in flour, coating completely, then in buttermilk and again in the flour.
4. In a large deep skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add steaks and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through and coating is golden. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter and cover to keep warm.
5. Add 1/3 cup of the remaining seasoned flour to the skillet. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until flour is browned, stirring constantly. Whisk in milk and broth, stirring until thickened. Serve gravy over steak.
Hugely popular and beloved by millions, Mr. Food is the Originator of Quick & Easy Cooking. For more than 30 years he's been nationally recognized and locally embraced.
Art Ginsburg, aka Mr. Food, was the first TV chef to promote practical, "anybody can do it" cooking and food preparation solutions. Learn more about Mr. Food .