Cooking Time: 1 hr
* 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
* 3 slices white bread, torn into small pieces
* 1 small onion, finely chopped
* 1 egg
* 1/4 cup milk
* 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
* 3 tablespoons ketchup (see Options)
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except ketchup; mix well. Press mixture evenly into a 9" x 5" loaf pan; spread ketchup over top.
3. Bake 60 to 65 minutes, or until no pink remains and juices run clear. Remove from oven, drain, and allow to sit 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
If you prefer to do without the ketchup, that's okay. You could use spaghetti sauce or just leave the top plain.
What's more comforting with our homemade meat loaf than homemade mashed potatoes? Try our Rainbow Mashed Potatoes plain or colored with bright vegetables.