* 2 cups water
* 2 cups ketchup
* 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
* 1/2 medium-sized onion, chopped
* 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
* 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
* 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1. In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring frequently.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring frequently, for 30 to 40 minutes, or until sauce is thick and glossy.
Makes about 3 cups
If you're looking for a barbecue sauce with a bit more "kick," try Bourbon Barbecue Sauce or Honey Bacon Barbecue Sauce.