Baking Time: 15 min
* 1 pound frozen bread dough, thawed
* 1 egg white
* 1 tablespoon water
* 1 teaspoon (coarse) salt (see Note)
1. Coat 2 large rimmed baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Cut dough into four equal pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a 24-inch rope; form into a pretzel shape and place on the baking sheets.
3. In a small bowl, beat together the egg white and water; brush over the top of each pretzel. Sprinkle evenly with kosher salt. Loosely cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place to rise for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 350F.
4. Remove plastic wrap and bake pretzels 15 to 17 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm.
For a little variety, top these with minced onion or garlic salt instead of coarse salt.
DID YOU KNOW...that more than half of the 400 million pounds of pretzels made annually in the United States are produced in Pennsylvania?