1 pound butter, softened
3 cups sugar
4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 300F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube or Bundt pan.
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter; gradually add the sugar, beating with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Gradually add the flour alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour and mixing well after each addition. Mix in the almond and vanilla extracts.
4. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 1 hour and 40 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 to 15 minutes then remove to a wire rack.
Orange Glaze: Makes about 1/2 cup 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar 2 tablespoons orange juice
1. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and orange juice with a wire whisk until smooth.
2. Drizzle over cooled Million Dollar Pound Cake, or almost any cool or room temperature cake or cookies.
SERVING TIP: This is a nice, moist cake, so it's great served as is but it can also be topped with our quick Orange Glaze or anything from fresh fruit to whipped cream, ice cream and/or any of your other favorite toppings.