Cooking Time: 55 min
* 2 pounds ground chuck
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
* 2 tablespoons chili powder
* 1 teaspoon salt, divided
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
* 3 cups milk
* 2 cups cornmeal
* 1 (14.5-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
* 1 (6-ounce can) pitted black olives, drained
* 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large skillet over high heat, cook ground chuck and onion until browned. Stir in tomatoes, chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper; simmer over medium-low heat 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, mix milk with cornmeal and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes, or until thickened. Line bottom and sides of prepared casserole dish with cooked cornmeal.
4. Stir corn and olives into meat mixture and spoon into casserole dish.
5. Bake 20 minutes; remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven and cook 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted and meat is heated through.
* We suggest serving this with a side of our Mexi Veggie Rice.
* This recipe has been adapted from Beyond Delicious: The Ghost Whisperer's Cookbook.
* To watch an in-depth interview with the Ghost Whisperer, Mary Ann Winkowski, where she shares a few more recipes and offers a chance to win an autographed cookbook, click here.
Related Recipes: Mexican Burgers, Mexican Tortilla Soup, Mexican Meat Loaf