The board says the home is losing $1.5 million per year. They say they have three options: close the home, sell it, or let a non-profit organization take over management of the home.
There are typically 210 residents at Centre Crest, and commissioners expect the home to be up and running with new management by the end of 2013.
The forums will be held on the following dates. All meetings start at 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 27, 2013 @ Mountain Top Elementary School-(Library), 100 School Drive, Snow Shoe, PA
- Wednesday, March 6, 2013 @ State College Borough Building, (Council Chambers) 243 S. Allen Street, State College, PA
- Tuesday, March 12, 2013 @ Centre Hall Elementary School, (Cafeteria), 211 N. Hoffer Avenue, Centre Hall, PA
- Wednesday, March 20, 2013 @ District Magistrate Allen Sinclair's Office, 118 Enterprise Drive, Philipsburg, PA
- Wednesday, March 27, 2013 @ 3rd floor Courthouse Annex Building, 108 S. Allegheny Street, Bellefonte, PA