A fire late Tuesday afternoon on the second floor forced everyone out.
Huntingdon Fire Chief Jim Fouse says an extension cord malfunctioned. 71 year-old Donna Jacobs, who lived in the apartment where the fire started, died from smoke inhalation, Fouse said.
100 people escaped safely, and have been forced to stay in motel rooms or with friends and relatives temporarily.
The Huntingdon Housing Authority will brief those residents Monday morning, to bring them up to date on the state of repairs.
Elevators have already been repaired, Fouse said last week. Smoke alarms and the sprinkler system need to be fixed before residents can move back into the building.
The meeting is scheduled for 10:30 Monday morning, in the gym of the DuBois Business College Huntingdon campus.