Guest Chef: Stephen Ast, Wegmans
Pork Tenderloin (trimmed 2 lb)
Moroccan Spice (recipe below)
Olive Oil (1/4 cup)
Kosher Salt ( 1 tsp)
Pomegranate molasses for garnish
red seedless grapes, halved
1) Trim the silver skin off each tenderloin and place into a large Zip-lock bag. Add the spice mixture, olive oil and salt. Seal the bag and rub the mixture into the pork.
Marinate for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
2) Preheat oven to 425*. Place a large oven proof saute over medium heat to cook the pork. Drizzle olive oil and place the marinated pork into the hot pan and sear for 4 minutes on each side. Place the pan into the preheated oven and roast for 10-15 minutes until the internal temp is 145. Remove and let pork rest for 5 minutes.
Slice at a diagonal and keep warm. Save the pan for heating couscous.
3) To Serve: Warm 8 plates. Place pork on the plate with Mediterranean couscous and drizzle with molasses.
Whole Cardamom seeds - 5 tablespoons
Cinnamon stick or 1 tablespoon ground (1 each)
Whole Cloves or teaspoon ground (7 each)
Dried chile pepper 1 tablespoon
Coriander seeds 3 tablespoons
Cumin seeds 1/4 cup
Ground Tumeric 1 tablespoon
Four pepper Spice Blend - 3 tablespoons
1) In large saute pan, combine all the ingredients and cook over medium-low heat, shaking frequently until the mixture beings to take on a darker color (2 to 3 minutes).
2) Remove from heat, allow to cool to room temperature, then grind in spice blender, coffee grinder or blender
3) If tightly covered and stored in a cool, dark place, the mixture will stay potent for up to 6 weeks.
Mediterranean Couscous Salad
Is available in Wegmans in the prepared foods section.
Heat spinach in a saute pan until wilted. Add in couscous with some chicken broth and heat through.
Pomegranate Syrup or Molasses
4 cups pomegranate juice
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
For Syrup: Mix ingredients in pan and set on medium heat. Stir occasionally until sugar dissolves. Cook for 50 minutes and then allow to cool for 30 minutes.
This can be stored in a refrigerator for up to 6 months.
For Molasses: Cook for 70 minutes and remove from heat.
TICKET INFO: 814-867-2222