Cooking Time: 15 min
* 3 1/2 cups water
* 1 cup white or yellow grits
* 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
* 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
* 1/4 cup milk
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
* 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
* 1 (18-ounce) container prepared refrigerated BBQ beef (see Notes)
* 8 slices frozen Texas toast, heated according to package instructions
1. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil over high heat. Add grits and cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally until mixture is thick. Remove from heat and add 1 cup cheese and the butter; stir until melted. Add milk, salt, black pepper, and red pepper, and stir until well combined; set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the BBQ beef over medium heat until hot, stirring occasionally.
3. Spoon equal amounts of cheesy grits over warm toast, top with BBQ beef, and sprinkle with the remaining Cheddar cheese; serve immediately.
Refrigerated BBQ beef is found in the refrigerated section of the supermarket, near the pre-cooked ribs.
Serve BBQ Beef and Grits with a cool and crispy salad for a complete meal.