Wonton Apple Tartlets
Guest Chefs: Amy Leffard, RN and Diabetes Educator and Heather Harpster a registered dietician both from the Mount Nittany Medical Center
- 2 apples
- Splenda(R) brown sugar
- nutmeg to taste
- egg white
1. Chop apples into small pieces.
2. Cook apples until soft, over medium heat in a saucepan with a small amount of butter or butter spray.
3. Add in spices to taste.
4. Add cornstarch as needed to thicken mixture.
5. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray. Lay out the wontons flat on the sheet.
6.Put a little apple mixture on one half of each wonton. Do not overstuff them.
7. Fold over the wonton into a triangle shape. Use a little water on your finger or a brush, to wet the edge of the wonton before sealing shut.
8. Brush with some whipped egg whites or egg substitute.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for about 12-14 minutes.
(2) Apples will make about 20 -24 tartlets.