Cooking Time: 35 min
What You'll Need:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 cups cold water, divided
3 apples, peeled and thinly sliced
3 pears, peeled and thinly sliced
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 1/2 cups biscuit baking mix
1/2 cup milk
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, combine sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and 1-3/4 cups water; bring to a boil.
- Stir in apples, pears, cranberries, and lemon juice; return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining water. Slowly pour into fruit mixture and cook 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Transfer fruit mixture to baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine biscuit mix and milk just until blended. Drop by spoonfuls onto hot fruit mixture.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until biscuits are cooked through.
Since 6 cups of fruit are needed, if you fall short on apples just add more pears, or vice versa!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Misc-Desserts/Fall-Harvest-Cobbler#kyi33zfWyavFpzga.99