Cooking Time: 45 min
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/3 cup hot water
* 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
* 1 cup sugar
* 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
* 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
* 3 eggs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
3. In a medium saucepan, combine hot water and instant coffee granules over medium heat; stir until coffee is completely dissolved. Stir in sugar and butter, and continue cooking over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
4. Remove saucepan from heat and add chocolate chips, stirring until smooth. Stir in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in flour mixture then pour into prepared baking dish.
5. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan then cut into squares.
Note: Brownies are one of everyone's all time favorite sweets! Here's another chewy, chocolaty treat you can try.
Related Recipes: Caramel Coffee Brownies A la Mode, Strawberry Patch Cupcakes, After School Cupcakes