Guest Chef: Chef Mike Passanita, St. Francis University
- 1½ lb raw shrimp, any size
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ea onion, diced
- 1 ea green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 ea 5x6 tomato, diced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- to taste salt
- to taste pepper
- ½ tsp sugar
1. In a sauté pan, heat 1 tbsp oil, sauté the onion and pepper until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and tomatoes, cook for 3 minutes longer, then add tomato paste, water, wine, and seasonings.
3. Simmer for 15 minutes and reserve.
4. Sauté the shrimp in the reserved olive oil.
5. Toss the shrimp with the sauce/vegetable mixture.
Note: This can be served over rice and garnished with cilantro.