Use a store-bought pie crust or make No-Roll Pie Crust in minutes!
* 1 rolled refrigerated pie crust (from a 15-ounce package)
* 2/3 cup sugar
* 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
* 3 tablespoons cornstarch
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 2 1/4 cups cold milk
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/2 pint (1 cup) heavy whipping cream
* 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
1. Unroll pie crust and place in a 9-inch pie plate, pressing crust firmly into plate, then flute if desired. Bake pie shell according to package directions; let cool.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour into cooled pie crust and chill 1 hour.
3. In a medium bowl, with an electric beater, combine heavy cream and confectioners' sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Spread evenly over pie, cover loosely, and chill 8 hours or overnight before serving.
* You can use 2 cups whipped topping instead of whipping the cream with the confectioners' sugar.
* To make this look extra special, just before serving, top with shaved chocolate or sprinkles.