Butter Milk Marinated Fried Chicken
Guest Chefs: Alisha Sloppy, a junior in the program; Lauren Lash, a junior in the program
- 2 lbs of raw chicken
- 1 tablespoon of yellow mustard, mixed with buttermilk
- 4 cups of white flour
- 2 teaspoons of salt, added to the flour
- 1 teaspoon of pepper, added to the flour
1) Place the buttermilk and mustard mixture into one bowl
2) Place the flour mixture in a second bowl
3) Place the raw chicken into the buttermilk and allow it to sit for at least 20 minutes.
4) Remove the chicken from the buttermilk and dredge in the flour mixture.
5) Fill a frying pan with about and inch of oil and heat for frying. Add the coated chicken pieces and fry until golden brown on each side. Make sure the chicken is done by testing with a thermometer with a done temperature of 165*.
6) Serve the chicken warm by itself or perhaps with a white gravy or chicken gravy.