Chicken and Stuffing Stuffed Shells
Guest Chef: Marti Brown, Bedford
1 box of stove top stuffing
2 8 oz packages of oscar meyer ready cooked chicken breast-liked used in salads
2 cans of cream of chicken soup, can also use cream of mushroom or cream of celery
3 cups water
1/2 stick butter or margarine
1 box of san giorio large stuffing shells
1. Cook shells according to box, drain and cool a little
2. heat 1 1/2 cup water and 1/2 stick of margarine in microwave.
3. place stuffing mix, chicken water and margarine in large bowl and mix together well
4. Stuff mixture in cooled shells
5. Place in 9x13 baking dish
6. heat cream of chicken soup and 1 1/2 cup of water in microwave on high for 2 minutes
7. Pour mixture over the stuffed shells, bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
This is the quick receipe you can use homemade stuffing and chicken breast, or left over turkey, stuffing and gravy from thanksgiving.
Makes a good covered dish for covered dish dinners and for picnic.
Can be frozen and taken out when unexpected company shows up.