- The Steelers have had 3 team names: Pirates, Steagles, Card-Pitt and Steelers.
- The NFL's first cheerleaders were the Steelerettes from 1961-1970.
- The official Terrible Towel was created because department stores complained that their yellow hand-towels were being sold much quicker than the matching yellow bath-towel.
- The Steelers are undefeated when playing division rivals in the playoffs.
- The Steelers last 3 coaches, Mike Tomlin, Bill Cowher and Chuck Noll were all hired at age 34.
- Of the current NFL teams, the Steelers have the best winning percentage against the Atlanta Falcons.
- Of the current NFL teams, the Steelers have the worst winning percentage against the Chicago Bears.
- Of the current NFL teams, the Steelers have the most total wins and losses against the Cleveland Browns
- The Steelers/Pirates football team has had 20 games end in a tie.
- The Steelers winning percentage from 1970 - 2011 is 66%.
- The Steelers winning percentage from 1933 - 1969 is 39%.
- The Steelers had only one playoff game in the franchise's first 36 years.
- Other teams used to motivate their players by threatening to send them to the Steelers.
- The Steelers all-time win/loss/tie record in 553-503-20, a 51% winning percentage.
- Since 1976, the Steelers are the only teams to win at least 4 games each season.
- The Steelers are tied with the Cowboys having won a record 8 conference championships.
- In 1952, the Steelers beat the NY Giants 63-7, the Steelers largest win.
- In 1941, the Green Bay Packers beat the Steelers 54-7, the Steelers worst loss.
- None of the 1979 Steelers played for a different team before playing for the Steelers.
- The "Immaculate Reception" from the 1972 Raiders-Steelers game is knows as the "Illegal Catch" in Oakland.
- Chuck Noll was hired as head coach after Joe Paterno turned down an offer.
- The Steelers won a coin-flip against the Chicago Bears for the right to draft Terry Bradshaw.
- The Steelers led the Minnesota Vikings 2-0 at halftime in Superbowl IX.
- The Steelers are 3-0 in Superbowls played in Florida.
- The 1940 Steelers never scored more than 10 points in a game.
|9/16||at Cincinnati||8:40 p.m.|
|9/29||at Minnesota*||1:00 p.m.|
|10/13||at NY Jets||1:00 p.m.|
|10/27||at Oakland||4:05 p.m.|
|11/3||at New England||4:25 p.m.|
|11/10 ||Buffalo||1:00 p.m.|
|11/24||at Cleveland||1:00 p.m.|
|11/28||at Baltimore||1:00 p.m.|
|12/22||at Green Bay||4:25 p.m.|
* denotes Wembley Stadium Game, London
Latest Steelers News