Gameday parking lots will open Saturday at 7:00 a.m. and Coach Bill O'Brien and the Nittany Lions will arrive at Beaver Stadium's south tunnel at approximately 9:15 a.m. The team buses will use the same route on campus as in previous years. The student gate will open at 10:00 a.m. and stadium public gates will open at 10:30 a.m.
The Beaver Stadium mobile app is now available via the iTunes Store and via the mobile web (www.GoPSUgameday.com). The app can assist fans in getting around the stadium, while also providing team information, video and access to livestats from the game. Fans can also access a number of social media and entertainment options from the app. An Android version of the app is coming soon.
Parking Lot 13 will be available this season after being under construction in 2011. Lot 13 will serve Pink numbered reserved and Brown preferred patrons, and the Family Friendly lot (no alcohol permitted), which is located the intersection of Park Avenue and University Drive.
The overnight RV lot, which opens Thursdays at 6 p.m., has been expanded by 140 spaces since last season. The lot can be accesses via Orchard Road off Park Avenue.
Among the changes inside the stadium, not including normal off-season facility maintenance projects:
- WiFi is available throughout the stadium;
- Credit and debit cards will be accepted at all concession stands;
- Waterproofing of the south upper deck seating areas;
- A camera has been installed on the south goalpost for the in-house video boards;
- The UPS system was replaced for the stadium lighting, an important safety feature should a power outage occur.
Fans attending Nittany Lion home games this season should also note the below items:
- In accordance with the new university policy AD 73, the IM Building, Rec Hall, White Building, and the Natatorium will not be available to football weekend guests as shower facilities. The IM Building and the Natatorium will be closed before and during the game and the Rec Hall locker rooms will be secured;
- The ADA lot at Shields Building will have limited quantity due to construction. After ADA parking fills at Shields Building, ADA patrons will be directed to Wagner Building lot, then the lots near Nittany Lion Softball Park, then Lot 9, and then to East Parking Deck;
- Lot 21 will not be available this season due to construction;
Fans attending Nittany Lion home games also are reminded of the below items:
- Fans purchasing single game tickets are encouraged to purchase parking in advance for $10 by calling 1-800-NITTANY at least 10 days prior to the game, or Friday at the Bryce Jordan Ticket Center, to avoid the gameday rate of $40;
- Fans are asked to please display their parking permit in the lower driver's side of the windshield as you enter the traffic pattern. Cars are sorted in traffic by University Police to lanes leading to appropriate lots.
- Please approach the lot as directed on the back of your parking permit.
- Please come early and arrive at the gates early.
- Backpacks, strollers, and other items are prohibited from entry to Beaver Stadium. Check the list at Gameday Central (www.gopsusports.com/gameday) for a full list of prohibited items.
- For fans who bring a bag to Beaver Stadium, the bag must be less than 8 " x 11" x 11". Fans may experience delays due to the bag and article check.
- Fan assistance is provided by game day staff, by texting the work "Nittany" <space> your issue and location to the phone number 69050, or by calling 1-800-NITTANY.
Penn State Football Eve will launch the season on Friday at 7:00 p.m. in Beaver Stadium, with gates opening at 6:30 p.m. Admission and parking are free for the festive event that kicks off a big Penn State sports weekend. Also on Friday, the men's soccer team hosts Duquesne at 8:00 p.m. at Jeffrey Field and the women's volleyball team faces perennial power Stanford at 8:00 p.m. in the Nike Big Four Tournament at Rec Hall.
Penn State football season and single tickets are available. Ticket purchases and information is available at www.GoPSUsports.com/tickets or fans can call Penn State athletics Customer Relations at 1-800-NITTANY (648-8269) weekdays from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Pre-paid single game parking passes for the general parking lots are also available at www.GoPSUsports.com/tickets. The pricing of 2012 Penn State football season tickets and accompanying donation levels is the same as in 2011.
Source: PSU Athletics