CURWENSVILLE, CLEARFIELD COUNTY - Friday's mass shooting at a Connecticut Elementary School has parents, teachers, and the entire country mourning.
In Curwensville, Monday, in the eyes of parents, the reality of the situation became worse. They received an automated call Monday afternoon stating a potential threat had been made in the Curwensville District.
School officials say they first heard of the threat Monday afternoon, but the comment was made on Sunday.
The district already had Curwensville Borough police officers at the school to be sure students felt safe. The officers immediately began investigating.
They told the district it would be safe to have school Tuesday, but they suggested a police pressence.
An officer was at all schools in the district Tuesday yet, many students were not. In fact, fifty percent of kids stayed home.
Parents stated in light of everything it was not worth sending them.
The school says they understand and respect the parents concerns. They add, they prepare for the worst, but expect the best and parents should feel confident in sending their kids to school.
Curwensville also stated they recently renovated and upgraded their security system. Plus, they would keep an office present.
What the threat said has not been released.