CLEARFIELD, CLEARFIELD COUNTY - Five apartments were lost to a late night fire in Clearfield County.
The flames began around 9:00 p.m. Monday at 416 E. Locust Street in Clearfield. The house is split up into five apartment units.
The owner of the building, Gary Bowman, said a first floor tenant was cooking and left something on the burner. He left the room and came back to a grease fire. According to Bowman, that man was the only one who suffered injuries. He was taken to the hospital with some burns to his arms.
Bowman and his wife told WTAJ Monday night, they plan on tearing the building down and have no plans to rebuild. They do have insurance on the property.
Firefighters said they had water pressure issues with two fire hydrants nearest to the building. They were able to connect to a third hydrant and put out the flames.
Crews were on the scene until early Tuesday morning.