BLAIRSVILLE, INDIANA COUNTY---A grieving community is still in shock over two little girls who were killed after a fire Sunday morning.
The fire happened in the 100 block of North Stewart Street in Blairsville Borough.
6-year old Katrina Tolley and her sister, 7-year old Kirsten Tolley both died from smoke inhalation.
The two girls were having a sleep over at their friends house just a few streets away from where they lived.
“We tried getting into the house, but the flames and heat were too much,” said Officer Robert Shaw with the Blairsville Police Department.
The Jordan family who lived at the home made it out with only minor injuries and burns.
Mike Bell, the girls step-father said that Travis Jordan did everything he could to save his daughters.
“He did try to get my girls out, but the flames where too much and he jumped out the window onto the porch,” said Bell.
The Tolley Sisters Memorial Fund has been set up to benefit the family at any PNC Bank.
The state police fire marshal has not determined the origin of the fire but it is believed to be accidental.