Cooking Time: 25 min
* 1 pound penne pasta
* 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
* 1 pound chicken sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
* 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
* 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
* 1/2 onion, chopped
* 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, cut into quarters
* 10 plum tomatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat then add sausage, and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until no longer pink in center. Remove to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
3. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to skillet. Add garlic, bell pepper, and onion, and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in mushrooms, tomatoes, salt, and black pepper, and cook 7 to 10 more minutes, or until tomatoes have broken down.
4. Return sausage to skillet and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through. Serve over warm penne pasta.