Cindy Gampe's phone started ringing off the hook at 7:00 on Tax Day morning. She says 60% of the people who walked in the door at Liberty Tax Services want to file their taxes. The other 40% wanted to file an extension.
She says it's hectic and most of the people who came in were stressed out. But she feels called to this kind of work. She says she can put people at ease and kep her energy up thought the 15 hour days. She says it is actually pretty simple. Offer people a cup of coffee, assure them you can work out there problems, and treat them like a person not a number.
Her personality makes people like the Swishers more comfortable. They waited till the last day to file their taxes. Renee Swisher says she's a procrastinator and they were having to pay.
She talked them through the process, asked about their kids, and telling them they're getting money back instead of having to pay helped too.
Gamp is looking forward to tax season being over, but she wants to help people as long as she can.