Watch as Chef Brandon Allen makes one of his favorite recipes, Banana Pancakes!
If you'd like to try making a batch of your own, follow the recipe below.
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking poweder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup of vanilla almond milk
- 1 chopped banana
1. Mix all dry ingredients.
2. Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients using a rubber spatula. It should be lumpy, so don't over mix.
3. Preheat nonstick pan on medium-high heat (350*) before putting pancake mix in the pan.
4. Use a 1/4 measuring cup to portion servings.
5. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side, depending on how hot your pan is. Do not flip unless your spatula slides under the pancake without sticking.
Makes 6-7 pancakes.
Brandon says you can jazz up his recipe by adding Vegan Chocolate Chips, Raisins, Dried Cranberries, or anything else you desire. You can also take his approach, and put peanut butter between two pancakes and then top it with real maple syrup.
You can try more of Brandon's creations by visiting his restaurant, The Aardvark Kafe, on 960 W. College Avenue in State College.