1 lb. butternut squash
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 cup shredded parmesan or Romano cheese
Pinch of ground nutmeg
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Peel squash, cut in half lengthwise, remove seeds & Stringy material.
3. Cut into 1" cubes.
4. In a medium bowl, toss squash with olive oil & salt.
5. Put into parchment-covered casserole or baking dish.
6. Roast uncovered for 40 minutes or until cubes are soft; let cool.
7. Mash the squash with a few turns of freshly ground black pepper, a pinch of nutmeg, and the cheese. (Yeild approximately 1 cup)
60 wonton wrappers (You'll need 2 for each ravioli)
1 egg, beaten
1. Lay wonton wrappers on parchment or a foured work surface.
2. Brush the edges of each wrapper with beaten egg - do not soak.
3. Place a scant teaspoon of squash filling on each wrapper - put another wrapper on top of the first.
4. Press very lightly as you squeeze out air. Seal edges well; repeat.
5. Bring salted water to a boil (1 1/2 Teaspoons of salt per 6 quarts of water).
6. Add raviolis; check for doneness after 10 minutes.
7. Carefully remove with a strainer or slotted spoon; add to your favorite sauce!