1 1/2 pounds thick-sliced bacon
12 ounces white onion, peeled, small dice
10 ounces sour cream
2 cups mayonnaise
1/2 pint heavy cream
8 ounces colby cheese, small dice
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon sea salt
1 tablespoon fresh cracked black pepper
1 bag (30 ounces) hash brown potatoes, thawed
3 cups crushed cheddar crackers (Goldfish)
1. Stack bacon on top of eachother, and freeze for 15 minutes. Remove and medium dice bacon while it is still partially frozen.
2. In a dry nonstick saut pan over low heat, slowly render the bacon.
3. When the bacon is beginning to become crispy, add the onions to the pan.
4. Saute bacon and onions. Remove from pan and discard the excess fat.
5. In a mixing bowl, fold together the sour cream, mayonnaise, heavy cream, colby cheese, eggs, sea salt,
and cracked black pepper until thoroughly combined.
6. Add the raw, thawed hash brown potatoes and drained bacon and onions to the sour cream mixture and
fold together until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
7. Evenly spread potato mixture into a sprayed 13"x9" baking pan and evenly coat the top of the potatoes with crumbled crackers.
8. Bake the potatoes in a 350-degree oven for 45 minutes.
9. Allow potatoes to rest at room temperature for at least 10 minutes before serving.
To learn more about Chef Mario Porreca: http://mariocooks.com/