Two slices of rustic Italian bread or Ciabatta.
Thinly sliced tomatoes
Thinly sliced buffalo mozzarella
1. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
2. Spread pesto on both sides of bread.
3. Arrange tomato and mozzarella slices on one side of bread; top with other slice.
4. Butter one side of sandwich and place the butter side down in the pan.
5. Put another cast iron skillet or foil-wrapped brick on sandwich to press it while it grills to a golden brown for about 5 minutes.
6. Remove top pan and butter the bread; turn sandwich over with a spatula.
7. Grill another 3-5 minutes; remove to a cutting board and cut sandwich in half.
8. Plate and garnish with pickles and chips.
Also try these fabulous combinations; the possibilities are endless!
1. Pear and Brie
2. Deli Beef, Roasted Peppers, and Pesto Mayo
3. The Elvis: Peanut Butter, Banana, and Bacon
4. Cream Cheese and Strawberry Jam
5. Turkey, Sauerkraut, Swiss Cheese, and Thousand Island Dressing