In today's Life and Health segment, Mount Nittany Health debuted its "Ask the Doctor" segment. Dr. Larry McAleer of Penn State Hershey Medical Group sat down with Sarah to tackle medical questions sent in by the viewers. This month's topic was Health Aging.
Watch the video to get Dr. McAleer's answers to the following questions:
1. "My mother is 80 years old. I've noticed in the past few months, that she is getting things in her life confused. One topic recently was about a drug she shouldn't have been taking, but insisted on taking it....Is this confusion due to her age?" - Christine
2. "Will cracking my knuckles lead to something bad down the road, like arthritis?" - Ann, Bellefonte
3. "What can I do about some bad lifestyle/health choices that I made in my 20s and 30s to turn it around now that I am in my 40s? - Dana, State College
4. "My dad says it's bad to eat right before bed? Is he right?" - Nicole, Penn State Student
5. "I am going through some big changes in my life and I can tell that I am stressed out! I can't sleep, I overeat, and I am anxious. Will this stress affect my health?" - Louise, State College
Do you want to "Ask the Doctor?" Now is your chance! "Ask the Doctor" will air on the last Thursday of every month. Each month will feature a different topic, and next month's topic is Diabetes. Submit your questions to email@example.com. And who knows? Your question might just get answered on live television!