The Huntingdon County Humane Society, located in Huntingdon, PA, is a 501c3 open- admissions shelter. Our shelter takes in stray, abused, abandoned and surrendered animals from Huntingdon and Mifflin Counties. Most of our animals are dogs and cats, but we do on occasion offer refuge to other small animals like rabbits, guinea pigs, ferrets, or the like. Our shelter is open 11-4 every day except Sundays, holidays and during inclement weather.
To adopt Cowboy: http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/22580107
To adopt Logan: http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/23672442
- You will need to fill out an adoption application at the shelter. It is required that you provide four references.
- If you do not own the property where you live, we will need the information on how to contact the owner.
- There is a minimum waiting period of twenty-four hours before an adoption is finalized. This is mainly to try and prevent impulsive adoptions and to give us time to contact references. You may request an application via email or stop by the shelter and fill out an application to have on file. If you have filled out an application and been pre-approved to adopt a shelter animal the 24 hour waiting period is waived.
- If your application is turned down, you may request a committee review.
- If approved, you will sign a contract and pay appropriate fees.
Huntingdon County Humane Society
11371 School House Hollow Road
Huntingdon, PA 16652