Chef Anne Quinn Corr brought along a special guest for her cooking segment, her husband, John!
Anne cooked up some delicious chili, while her husband talked about the annual chili cookoff and auction for Pennsylvania Cystic Fibrosis, Inc., which will be held Saturday, February 25 at the Scarlet D in Mifflinburg.
For more information, visit PACFI online: http://www.pacfi.org.
Below is the chili recipe from Anne's book, Seasons of Central PA.
Don Plotts' Recipe for Make-Your-Own Chili
(Takes an hour to make, from start to finish. Serves 8)
- 1 pound of ground meat (any kind you like: he likes to use hot sausage)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium sweet pepper, any color, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cans (11- to 16- ounce) of beans (mix any kind you like, kidney, black, pinto, garbanzo, great northern)
- 1 11-ounce can corn
- 2 14 1/2- ounce cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 8-10 ounce can of tomato sauce (or substitute different types of spicy vegetable juice)
- 1 4-ounce can tomato paste
- to 1 cup of liquid (water, beer, red wine--any combination)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- teaspoon basil
- Additional cayenne pepper for more fire, to taste
- Brown the meat with garlic, peppers and onion.
- When cooked, add remaining ingredients and cook until well-blended, about 30 minutes.