- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- cup of milk
- tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of yeast
- 2 cups of flour
- Mix the sugar and butter together.
- Heat the milk in the microwave until it reaches about 110 degrees.
- Add it to the sugar and butter mixture, along with the vanilla, salt and eggs. Mix.
- Whisk in the yeast until it dissolves.
- Add in the flour cup at a time, stirring throughout.
- Take the dough out of the bowl and knead it for about five minutes. Put the dough back in the bowl, cover it, and let it double in size (approximately 1-1.5 hours).
- Roll out the dough until it is about -inch thick. Use a cookie cutter, or biscuit cutter to cut out round shapes. Let that dough rise until it doubles in size (approximately 30 minutes).
- Fry the pazcki for about 2 minutes on each side. Scoop them out with a strainer, and let them cool on a wire rack.
- Use a pastry bag to fill the paczki with the jelly or custard of your choice.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.